Monday, January 14, 2008

Power Saving Color Scheme?

I was reading an article the other week on this new search engine that uses Google's custom search to create a search engine of your own. Pretty cool, right? The owners of this new search website claim that their site is using less energy than Google's own website because they are using a black background. I think that it might be true, so I am going to give it a go here on Spaced Out. I have not researched this too much yet to see if displaying black on a monitor is less than white, but I will surely follow up this post with some more info. If in fact the pixel does not even light up, that would be great. However, if the pixel needs to display all colors to achieve blackness, that would probably be a different story. Check back soon to see if the new dark layout will stay or be sacrificed to mother nature.

No comments: